Sunday, November 24, 2019

An Introduction to Food and My Passion for It

Hello everyone, this is Ashton! Thank you for taking the time to check out my posts! As you have found my blog, I am assuming that you are either interested in cooking food or interested in eating it (which I might be more in the latter). In all seriousness, my posts will focus on particular dishes from across the world that I have encountered and been impacted by. As a young boy, I was always intrigued by the art of cooking and the science of baking. It astounded me how complex it all was even though it can come as second-nature to some. I began cooking early on in my life, providing most of the meals for my family, or at least assisting in their preparation. However, it seemed like as an American, I tended to eat the same clichéd dishes repeatedly. If we ever decided to adventure into another culture's cuisine, it seemed like a cheap token, such as tacos for Mexican night or stir fry for Chinese. I felt that I was missing out on the hidden delicacies of the world. After traveling to Spain prior to my junior year in high school and to Costa Rica a year later, I realized just how diverse and delicious that food can actually be. Even though my tastebuds might not have been suited to some of the flavors, I became passionate about learning other cultures through their tastes and recipes. I do have to confess that I am a better baker than chef though; thus, my posts may lean toward those with a sweet tooth. Anyways, what is better than trying a new dessert?

Some topics to look forward to include gastronomy, cultural foods from around the world, refined recipes with analysis, and personal stories about my experience with cooking. As I will hopefully be traveling to France in May, I will continue to discover culture through food. French cuisine is delectable and I cannot wait to try out famous dishes such as the croquembouche. Overall, I believe that culture and experience are the most important part of food. By eating a dish, you understand the history and emotions that its people hold. I hope that you will continue to read my posts and that you will attempt some of these dishes yourself. I am sure that if you love to eat or if you are interested in the culture of various parts of the world, you will be interested in my analysis of food. 


No comments:

Post a Comment